8.21.2008

DONAVON jammin in Sugarhouse park..... for real




So as you know I have been on bed rest and loving every minute of it :) . It was a regular morning and I was in my office at home trying to work when I got a text message from the radio station 101.9 (not sure how they are able to text me but anywho...) I did a triple take at the text, it said Donavon Frankenreiter was going to be playing a free lunchtime show in Sugarhouse park today at noon. WHAT?? So random. So I went online to verify and sure enough he was going to be there at noon. I love Donavon, he is one of my all time favorites sooo I had to talk Ben into letting me leave the house to check this out. Ben thought it could be pretty cool too so I got a pass to leave & check it out. I rallied down to SLC and seriously couldn't believe the set up. Donavon was in a pavilion at the park sitting on a table with his guitar and an amp playing all his best stuff and a bunch of his new stuff too. SO COOL! Ben met me there 15 min later & we got to enjoy the show together. SWEET. His new album is so good. Check it out at his site www.donavonf.com.

No comments: