8.22.2008

I thought today was the day... common occurance these days!

Somewhere I got a nasty cold. I honestly don't remember the last time I had a "for real" cold but that's what it is. I have been feeling like garbage the last couple days and went to bed last night feeling that way. I couldn't get to sleep very easy but finally passed out. I woke up out of bed at around 2:30 a.m. for the first time having contractions that actually hurt! It was kind of surreal at first. Since I started having contractions around the 20th week of my pregnancy those contractions/braxton hicks have been a constant pregnancy symptom but not much more. They have never really hurt. Even when I was in the hospital for a week and they were pumping me full of drugs to stop labor because I was contracting every 3-5 min., they still didn't hurt. Soooo needless to say when I actually felt something strong enough to wake my stuffy, cold ridden body up, I thought this was it. I was going into labor at 2:30 in the morning and Ben was going to be bummed that he wasn't going be able to go on his bike ride that was planned for that morning because he was going to have to get me to the hospital.... Well, I wanted to time them for a while to see if it was for real. They were only coming every 10 minutes. That is all the closer they have really ever been since coming home on bed rest. I stayed up until 4:00 but nothing much changed and I eventually went back to sleep for a couple hours. I had an appointment at the hospital for an ultrasound to check the babys blood flow through the cord and for a non-stress test. I thought for sure they would admit me at my appointment. But, no dice. They said baby looked great & I was only contracting about every 8-10 minutes so not nearly enough to admit me yet...

The anticipation is getting crazy hard! I am home and not having many contractions at this point. It looks like I'm going to have a Virgo baby after all. I think the cut off is tomorrow the 23rd. Unless something crazy happens tonight, you never know...

No comments: